We offer 3 pricing structures depending on your needs – Hourly planning advice, comprehensive financial planning, and ongoing financial planning with investment management. Contact us to determine which may be best for you.
Hourly billing is usually the best value if you only have 1 or 2 topics you’d like to discuss. Typical examples include.
- What’s the best way to pay down my debt?
- I just (got my first job/got married/started a family/got divorced). What should I be thinking about?
- My employer is offering an early retirement buyout. Should I take it?
- When should we begin taking Social Security?
- What’s the best way to save for my child or grandchild’s education?
- Do we have too little life insurance? Too much?
- What is a trust? Do I need one?
- What can we do to reduce taxes?
- My pension offers me a choice. Should I take the lump sum or monthly payments?
- Are our investments performing the way they should be?
Fees are $150 per hour with a 1 hour minimum.
Comprehensive Financial Planning
A planning engagement is meant to be comprehensive in nature and covers the following areas.
- Personal net worth statement and organization of current financials
- Retirement planning
- Major goals before retirement
- Insurance review and planning (personal and employee benefits)
- Income tax planning
- Estate planning (wills/trusts)
- Philanthropic planning
- Investment review and planning (includes closely held businesses and investment real estate)
See our Planning page for more information about what you should expect from financial planning.
Fees vary depending on plan complexity. Most fall between $2,000 – $4,000.
If during or upon completion of the engagement you decide to place assets under management, the planning fee will be discounted or waived entirely. The discount is based on the plan fee and amount of assets to be managed.
Financial Planning & Asset Management
“The essence of investment management is the management of risks, not the management of returns” – Benjamin Graham
Most clients decide to engage us in portfolio management as well as financial planning. Fees are billed on a sliding scale as follows.
There is no minimum account size. Ongoing financial planning services are included at no additional cost for households with $400,000 or more under management. Households with assets below that level may be billed for financial planning services at a proportionally reduced rate (e.g. planning services with $200,000 under management receive a 50% discount).
Please refer to our Investment Management page for more information on how we invest.
We are licensed to sell certain insurance products. If we recommend a product where we would be compensated from the sale, we will tell you about it in advance. And, on an annual basis, insurance commissions make up a very small portion of our revenues.