If you are in a High Deductible Health Insurance Plan (HDHP), you have access to one of the best retirement savings vehicles available today, the Health Savings Account. Yes, you read that correctly, in my opinion, your Health Savings Account, or HSA, is best thought of as a retirement account. [Read more…] about The HSA as a Retirement Account
One of the most valuable assets retirees have are their Social Security benefits. Depending on an individual’s longevity and income over their career, Social Security payments could ultimately total upwards of $1,000,000. Unfortunately, based on my experience, many people haven’t given much thought as to how they can maximize this benefit. And because of how Social Security is coordinated for a married couple, poor planning can potentially result in several hundred thousand dollars of lost benefits over a lifetime.
In a Nutshell
- Volatility returns to stock markets
- Rising interest rates continue to impact bonds
- Signs of inflation?
In a Nutshell –
- U.S. Stocks close out a historically low year of volatility.
- International stocks are gaining strength.
- It may be time for bonds to drop the sails and start rowing.
- Can I use my tulip bulbs or Beanie Babies to buy Bitcoin?